Hosted by CrossTower
Save the Date: November 4, 2020
Time: 4:30 PM EST
Cryptoassets aren’t just for retail investors any more. Hedge fund managers and some traditional fund managers have been buying Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a buffer against inflation and market volatility has led to far higher returns on investment for cryptocurrencies than traditional assets. However, the lack of regulatory clarity over how cryptocurrencies are defined; how they should be valued; how liquidity can be accessed; and how core custody and prime brokerage services fit into rules designed for traditional assets make investing in cryptocurrencies far more challenging than fortraditional assets.
CrossTower, a digital asset trading firm, will offer some useful guidance on what fund managers should consider before taking the plunge in the cryptomarket. Chris Kentouris, the editor of FinOps Report, will ask Kristin Boggiano, the president and co-founder of CrossTower, to discuss;
- (i) What cryptoassets fund managers should consider and why;
- (ii) What COOs, CCOs, and CFOs should know about trading, operational and legal risks;
- (iii) How to understand the credit risk of trading partners;
- (iv) How to evaluate custodians and prime brokers;
- (v) How to evaluate cybersecurity risk;
- (vi) What the OCC’s decision on national banks as digital asset custodians means; and finally
- (vii) Will 2021 be the year of the cryptoasset fund manager.
This webinar is a must-attend for operations, compliance, legal and financial officers of hedge funds and other trading firms. Contact email@example.com with the name of the person, title, company name and email for dial-in details.
(CrossTower has the final say on all attendees and does not share information with third parties).